Monday, June 15, 2015

Work Has (Not) Driven Me Insane

Well, it's been a long time since I ever updated this. But due to a very sudden (and not to mention life-threatening) demand to get an article up and running up in this blog, here's something else to think about. It's been a long time since I've updated this blog, so let's get it started again with a little but of positive reinforcement. In this case, some tactics on how we can work on improving the quality of your work (disclaimer: this method requires some deep thinking and is not guaranteed to work, so I am not responsible for any negative impact this post may give. Anyway, let's get this started already).

My dad talked to me a few nights ago about how positive thinking can really affect the quality of the work you do and the way you think about the work. Don't even mention it; he spent an entire night talking about how I can improve my study habits since he saw me working on my homework and said that I should have a "better attitude" towards it. And so that's how this post came to be; daddy dearest here ended up making (or should I say "forcing" by the way he decided to strangle the Internet connection in the house? Nah, that's a bit too mean. We'll stick to "making" for now) his kids make an article on how to optimize the quality of one's work and how to improve your attitude towards it.

So here's my tactic on how to improve work quality: (many of you may have heard of this already, but I'm just here to inform the guys who don't know about it yet. If you already know, feel free to skip to the part where we're done discussing about this stuff) Get a more positive mindset (if you didn't already have a positive enough mindset already, I mean), to start with. To pessimists out there, I know that optimism ain't exactly the first thing we'd resort to when the word "productivity" comes to mind, but trust me, it can be VERY useful sometimes. And not merely only in work quality and thoughts on said work; it can also be used to gain a happier life. I could go on all day about this wonderful philosophy, but I'm afraid we're running short on words here. Anyway, let's just get to the point:

So if you can implement this positive thinking into your work (for instance, you can visualize that "'x' will help me to become a better person" instead of "'x' is utterly freakin' useless and will get me absolutely nowhere in life), you're going to perform a LOT better at the current piece of work you're, well, working on. And that's just the gist of it: you can implement this into plenty of your daily life's activities, as I had just said a few moments ago. But as I also had said before, we'll discuss about that another time, perhaps another day.

So yeah, that's what this post has been all about. Work can be melded into something good, something that actually benefits your life, instead of being a mere hindrance to your happiness. However, this is far much easier said than done, but once you can trick your mind into thinking like that, work will be so much easier to do. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment