Tuesday, June 23, 2015

(Potentially) Happy Holidays

So anyway, it's only one more day 'til freedom comes. Tomorrow, which will be (hold on, let me check the calendar for a sec... and... right, here's the date) June 24, 2015, will be the last day of 8th grade (or to you people out there, to put it in more easily understood terms, last day of the 2nd grade of middle school, whichever one you prefer, you get the point). That, my friends, will be the time when everyone in the school goes into a brief hiatus (AKA a holiday for several months) of fun and excitement.

However, holidays, as amazing as it may sound, is not all sunshine and rainbows for me. Oh, NO, sir. There were a lot of issues that one might consider about having a holiday that may not have been considered by a person beforehand. There are a lot of things. But on the positive side, it may mean several months worth of useless (but EXTREMELY entertaining) lying around the house, but take this from me; it is one of my ideas of a perfect use of time. I know that sloth is a huge deadly sin that I possess, but seriously, as much as you might want to eradicate it from me, seriously guys, give me a freakin' break. Please.

Anyway, let's just get straight down into it. First of all, the issue with holidays are the lack of friends and social interaction. Yes, as much of a socially isolated freak I am in the general community around me, I actually CARE about my interaction with my buddies. Surprise, surprise. Just wait 'til my parents read about this...

As I was saying, when I say “lack of social interaction”, I meant to say that I don't feel that the liveliness of the typical conversation is present within a chatting session done on the Web. I mean, if you ask me whether I'd rather have a real, physical conversation with my friends at a table where we talk to each other with our own voices compared to a Skype chat online, where the only equivalent of talking is tapping several keys on our laptop to communicate with other people in the same chat, I'd take the actual, physical conversation ANY day. It DOES have much more meaning, after all. I mean, Social media IS good for communicating anywhere at any time, but when it comes down to it, the physical conversation wins, hands down.

That is the one, sole, vital reason behind missing school: Friends. A school without classmates is like Snoop Dogg without his stash of weed (yes, I actually made that reference in a speech in my English class. The English teacher was like, SMH). So if there's one thing that I highly miss about school, it's that one. Freaking. Word: Friendship.


With a bit of luck, I might be able to find a way to use social media and other online chatting applications to make the best of my friendship online while away from school. And if I don't, well, I'm pretty damn sure I'll be able to figure out another way to entertain myself at home without my friends' company that (hopefully) DOESN'T incur my parents' wrath. So with a bit of luck, I should be able to do that. Hopefully. Anyway, goodbye and see ya guys in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment