Tuesday, June 23, 2015

End of the Line (2015 version)

It's only a few more days 'til the end of my school year. That's both a good thing and a bad thing. Good? I've got a few months ahead of me full of nothing but fun and excitement. And needless to say, that is freaking awesome. Bad? Well, that means I'm gonna have to wave goodbye to my friends for several months until we reunite by the next school year.

It's amazing how fast the years pass, isn't it? Strangely, this parting didn't feel half as dramatic as last year; last year was a lot more, how should I describe it, sad (is that even the right word to describe it?), mostly probably due to the fact that it was the very first time I parted ways with my classmates. Now, well, it doesn't feel as dramatic as last year.

But still, the fact that I had to part ways with my pals was still very saddening to admit, one way or another. On the BRIGHT side, however, UNLIKE last year, I at least now I have another means to contact my friends over the months, including my friend who's gonna be moving to the USA next year; it's called social media. I mean, sure, it's not as effective as actually mingling with them, but it's a way to contact them nonetheless.

But I'm not here to talk (actually, not talk, to speak literally, but write) about that. I'm here to discuss about my science fair to you guys. I mean, there's this big-ass science fair that my school is having, and I think that for today's post, we should probably talk about said science fair.

So anyway, as I was saying, this science fair is basically an exhibition of crazy science stuff that students of the school have cooked up. These experiments may range from wet clay and a sound system (basically, the wet clay moves and makes a shape depending on what kind of sound you play on the speaker) to a ketchup packet that can sink or float (you can decide) in a bottle of water (courtesy of yours truly. Yeah, I know it's kinda lame, but that's always been my style; simple, fun, and not difficult). You only need to press said bottle in order to make the packet sink, and let go of the bottle to make said packet float.

So you might assume that this science fair might count for something towards the students' final academic grade. To answer your question, yes, it does. Kind of. Not that much however. We're not talking about a HUGE change to your grade according to how awesome your experiment is, but merely only a minor one. I, for one, don't really give much of a crap about the grade this is gonna bolster me up on, because it is already what it is. So I'm just gonna stick with my humble little experiment here (this time, rolling a can with static electricity).


So yeah, that's all I have to say about the school year coming to an end. Hopefully I'll be here next time, and see you guys until then. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment