Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Review 1: Angels and Demons

If you read my previous post, you may have noted that I may not be a book's Number 1 fan. But I guess readers of this blog might be curious of what books I read back in the old days. Well, to tell you the truth, I may have been a little stupid when I was small, trying to read totally advanced books like Alex Cross, The Hunt For the Red October, and other way too advanced masterpieces. But out of all those books in my mom's shelf, there is one book that didn't prove too "overage" for me to complete. This book was Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. For those of you who don't know Dan Brown, he is a writer that writes other famous works that you might be familiar of: (Although I only know two more) The Da Vinci Code and Digital Fortress. So anyway, let's get straight to the book: Angels and Demons.

This book is about a devious plot apparently masterminded by some Anti-Christ terrorist. This mysterious evildoer has stolen a few miligrams of antimatter (for those of you who don't know, just a few miligrams of antimatter can power New York for days, but its bad side is that antimatter is totally unstable. Antimatter cannot be exposed to anything, not even air. (so don't ask me how the antimatter didn't explode in the first place) If exposed to ANYTHING it will explode, and a few miligrams of antimatter has the destructive power of the nuclear bomb that dropped on Nagasaki, (or Hiroshima, I forgot) so using it is very risky.) This terrorist plans to use the antimatter to destroy Vatican City. (which is a very likely target for anti-religious terrorists, because that's the home of the Pope and thousands of cardinals) Fortunately some camerlengo (a camerlengo is apparently some kind of exalted cardinal) jumps in and saves the day, but in the end it was revealed that this camerlengo was the "terrorist" who planned the terrorist bombing in the first place, and he eventually came to a sticky end.

Me, being quite young at the time I read the book, had to reread it a few times, and until now I'm still confused about the plot of the story, but otherwise the story is good. But one thing you should look out for in the book are these really cool words that can be read upside down and right side up. (look at the picture below) These are called anagrams, and they're branded onto the some cardinals' chests. and I'm still curious how the author makes them. This book may not be of my age, but I understand the majority of it.
An anagram of all four elements of science

No comments:

Post a Comment