Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's Not My Fault. It's Fate.

Do you believe in fate? For those of you who don't know what fate is, here; take a look at the Jason's Dictionary:

Fate: Your destiny; it cannot be changed, because it's your destiny; what you are going to do, what will happen. For example, it was my fate to type this post for you.

You've got to admit, fate can be a little misleading at times. God controls our gates/destinies, so it's possible to use this as an excuse for what's currently happening. Take this conversation below:

Teacher: John, why didn't you make your homework?
John: It was my fate not to do my homework. You can't blame me for that.

It can also be used to exploit people.

You: (trip a person over)
Unlucky victim: WHY DID YOU DO THAT?
You: I didn't do that on purpose. It was your fate.

But that's not the main reason I composed this post. I made this post mainly because fate confuses me. Why? Well, here's a little paragraph on why fate is such a confusing thing:

If God already controlled our destinies from our births to our deaths, then why does he count our sins and good actions? Since he already controls our fates from the beginning, he will be the one who's going to decide if what we're going to do next? Then that means we are puppets, unaware if our next act is going to be evil or saintly. Sorry if I sound like an atheist, but I'm just expressing my opinion.

So that concludes another post on the wonders of the Lord. I hope you will give this one some thought and help me solve this saintly dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment